One Punch World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traits [WIP]

Go down

Traits [WIP] Empty Traits [WIP]

Post by Founder Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:29 am

Traits

Within the multitude of actions a player may perform in their turn, they have access to Skills, Abilities, and Techniques. Collectively, these are known as Traits. These are special actions generally unique to them, their class, their faction, or a combination of these factors and more. Aside from their starting lot, every single Trait a character wishes to use must be trained for and learned in-character. Information on how to do this is listed below. Before they can be trained, they must first be purchased using S/A/T points, which are gained by converting earned EXP from completing Story Arcs. Information on how to do this will also be listed below, the appropriate section. Please note that all Traits should still follow the guidelines set in the Stat information page.

Skills

Skills are a natural ability possessed by the race of the character species. As such, they are generally common, although rarer skills do exist that can help individualize a character. Skills have a level of classification that defers the level of proficiency a character has with that skill. EXP can be used to purchase Skill points, which accumulate to level up a skill. When purchasing additional skill points for that skill, the cost will go up depending on the player’s current rank in that skill. Characters may possess as many skills as they desire, although they are required to pay for each one. As an additional cost to learning a skill or upgrading it’s level, all skills are tied to a specific stat or group of stats, and each level requires that/those stats to be upgraded for that function.

Skill Rank | Skill Point Requirement | EXP Cost for One Additional Skill Point

New | 1 | 100 EXP
Novice | 3 | 300 EXP
Adept | 5 | 500 EXP
Expert | 7 | 1000 EXP
Master | 9+ | 5000 EXP

Generic Skills

Sharpshooter:

Hero-Exclusive Skills

Villian-Exclusive Skills

Mysterious Being-Exclusive Skills

Skill Template: